Saturday, October 09, 2010

The View from Here

The crud going around school finally grabbed me Wednesday and wouldn't turn loose. My nose was running and my eyes were watering so hard, I couldn't write names on conference notes. I could barely give Thursday's ITBS and my AP told me to go home and stay. (When does that ever happen?) I even went to the doctor, got some free drugs (the best kind!) and a doctor's note. HR said that we are only allowed 7 unexcused sick days - we assume they mean the kind of sick day when you wake up and say "I'm sick of work." Not getting caught in that drama, so I got a note, a day to lie around and rest and then both sweet girls show up Friday afternoon. (BrownBear had been on an overnight service field trip and Prep, well, Prep's a college girl.) The sad thing about having a free Thursday night was my total inability to really enjoy it.

Now that I'm able to sit up and think, I have come to realize that the first nine weeks is over; Thanksgiving is six weeks away and all I have to do is get through conference week. Not rocket science, but tedious - we still have to do our report cards by hand. Really? Maybe that should be a consideration for the next superintendent -

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Teacha said...

report cards by hand???? really???

glad you are getting better.

10/16/2010 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!